Understanding Smog and the Need for Smog Check
We all are familiar with the ugly truth of air pollution. It is the most dangerous threat to the living things. Air provides us the oxygen we breathe, but we humans have unsuccessful in keeping it healthy. It’s a fact that if the air is unhealthy, humans and animals are unhealthy too. The depletion has already started, and humans are still not alarmed.
While talking about air pollution we think what might pollute the air. The harmful gases released into the air pollute it. The smoke from vehicles. Hazardous gases are given out by the large industries and factories. Cutting down of large-scale trees and forests. The previously mentioned are the basic causes of air pollution. Another reason that came up in the 20th century was smog. It is considered the most dangerous pollutant that contaminates the air.
Understanding is smog and the dangers caused by smog:
Smog is basically a very dangerous pollutant. This word is a combination of two words, smoke, and fog. It is smoky fog, based on its transparency and smell.
• Smog is a formation of coal emissions, emissions by vehicles and industries, forest fires and photochemical reactions.
• Most of the modern metropolitan cities suffer from the issue of severe smog. The see-through capacity or transparency is negligible.
• Coal fires emit heavy clouds of smoke contributing to the formation of smog. Vehicular emissions during traffic jams are also responsible. This kind of deadly smoke is emitted by automobiles such as buses and trucks.
• Smog can also be formed as a result of volcanic eruption. A volcanic eruption produces a very large amount of smoke consisting of high levels of sulfur dioxide and particle matter.
• Smog has very serious effects on the human health. The gases that form the smog are very dangerous for children, aged people and people with lung or respiratory diseases.
• It can agitate breathing passages; reduce the working capacity of the lungs, causes irritation to the eyes and nose. It causes red eyes, allergic conjunctivitis and unwanted wheezing and coughing.
• It also causes brain defects in the newborns and increases Alzheimer risk.
The above reasons clearly explain the effects and threats that smog creates. The biggest cities of the world are the victims of smog. And some of these cities are now alarmed by the fatal effects of smog and have introduced smog check systems.
Smog checks systems and procedures:
The smog check is a step taken by the U.S. government. This activity is regulated and carried out by the Environment Protection Agency. Smog tests are also referred to as smog check or emission check. The smog tests determine those vehicles whose gas emission is excessive. After determining such vehicles, they are either repaired of given a smog certification notice. Smog check tests have not been widely established. One of the very few places in the U.S. that provides smog check and repair is auto smog certification Oxnard. When a customer is given smog certification that means he has to upgrade his check systems mechanically.
The smog checks specially apply to cars that are older than six model years. Any cars newer than that do not require being smog tested. To avail smog test, one has to take membership at the nearest smog testing station. The emission results are based on the hazardous gas emission from your vehicles, like carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and hydrocarbons.
This service of smog check has proved to be very helpful in lowering the primary air pollutants. Smog test stations are required to be certified, and most of the countries are now trying to set up this system to help the country breathe in fresh air.