This week we tested the instruction graphics we made. Mine went pretty well, luckily I had two people who hand't done my process before. For others, I got to watch people try to make latte art and virgin pina coladas. To say the least, they mainly got the processes, but they did have some issues since they were doing it based just off of images.
For the latte art, the instructions were visually appealing, but they really didn't give much of the information someone new to it would need. She had a few issues with understand what just pictures of some things meant, as well as some issues with the machine itself like not being able to see where the group head was supposed to lock into place. There was also the issue of the actual art part of the steps, which I thought were vague considering that was the name of the instructions.
The pina colada process was similar, but I feel it went a bit better. It might be because it's a more familiar process, since not everyone makes lattes but I'd say a good amount of people end up making drinks more often. The only issue she seemed to have really was the idea of needing to add both pineapple and pineapple juice, which might have been something to be added in the list of items she needed possibly.