A friend of mine and I were talking around a bonfire last night, catching up on life events. We're both backpackers and road wanderers, but while we're both people who prize a good adventure, we've traveled in completely different circles and had very different experiences. As he's in the middle of planning a road trip, it was fun to compare concepts and let the questions rise like cinders, spiraling out from the heat of the conversation.
A few things we considered, which I'm always interested to hear other opinions in (I'll share mine in a bit):
- WHAT MAKES A CAR RIDE INTO A ROAD TRIP?
- IF YOU'RE TRAVELING IN A CAR WITH PEOPLE, ARE THERE TRAVEL DYNAMICS OR EXPECTATIONS?
- WHAT ARE THE QUESTIONS YOU'D ASK SOMEONE BEFORE TRAVELING WITH THEM?
- ...IN THE FIRST FEW HOURS OF TRAVELING WITH THEM?
- ...WHAT WOULD YOU SAVE TO ASK IN THE, SAY, SEVENTH HOUR OF TRAVELING TOGETHER?
I'm especially interested in the questions bit, as we're making a list for later.