Carlo Scapra 1906-1978 (1957-1958) Negozio Olivetti [shop Olivetti], 101 Piazza san Marco, Venezia.
Commissioned 1957 by Adriano Olivetti 1901-1960. Olivetti S.p.A. founded 1908 by Camillo Olivetti 1868-1943 and Luisa Olivetti (née Revel) 1877-1944.
Olivetti in Ivrea, Turin, Piedmonte became a form of corporatism with Adriano Olivetti as the leader. A elightened leader by the leader.
He decreased the hours of work and increased salaries and fringe benefits such as housing, helath care, schools and preschools, holidays, pensions.
Olivetti workers were 1957 the best paid of all in the metallurgical industry and they showed the highest productivity.
On design at Olivetti,
”[A] preoccupation with design developed into a comprehensive corporate philosophy, which embraced everything from the shape of a space bar to the colour scheme for an advertising poster.”
Jonathan Martin, International directory of company histories.