Nils Månsson Mandelgren 1813-1899 founded Konstfack as Söndagsritskolan för hantverkare (sunday school of drawing, painting, printing for craftsmen) 1844, named Svenska slöjdföreningens skola (school of swedish society of crafts)1845, reorganized1849, named Slöjdskolan i Stockholm (craftschool in Stockholm) and became government funded 1860, Tekniska skolan (technical school) 1879 with HKS - högre konstindustriella skolan (higher school of industrial art) and several technical programmes, Konstfackskolan 1945, Konstfack 1993.
The first female students Sofi Granberg & Matilda Andersson started 1857 & the first official female students started 1858.
To support the school Mandelgren founded 1845 Svenska slöjdföreningen (the swedish society of crafts), from 1976 named Svensk form (the swedish society of crafts & design).
Form (form, shape, visual apperance, configuration) is magazine for design & architecture started as Meddelanden från Svenska slöjdföreningen (messages from the swedish society of crafts) 1884-1904, changed 1905 to Svenska slöjdföreningens tidskrift (magazine of the swedish society of crafts) by Erik Folcker and from 1932 it’s be named Form.
Form was a great magazine.
Erik Folcker 1858-1926 had a large influece on design in the Nordic countries. He was a force in the introduction of the ars- & crafts movement to the Nordic countries. Folcker founded with his brother Daniel 1891 Sub rosa (under the rose) at Arsenalsgatan 2, Stockholm.
Karl-Erik Granath (1918–2001 (1959) Form 8-9, 1959. Cover photography of the main stairs at Konstfack (Konstfack university college of art, craft & design) Valhallavägen 191-199, architect Gösta Åbergh 1919-2006, Tage Hertzell 1928- (1953-1959). Editor of this number was Ulf Hård af Segerstad 1915-2006.
Jan Ehnemark birth unknown (1959) The king opening the new building of Konstfack, Valhallavägen 191-199, november 19, 1959. From left queen Louise of Sweden former lady Mountbatten née Louise Alexandra Marie Irene of Battenberg 1889-1965, king Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden 1882-1973 & Åke Stavenow 1898-1971, he was chief executive officer of Svenska slöjdföreningen 1935-1946, chancellor of Konstfack 1946–1964. Stockholmskällan, City of Stockholm.
Ruth Hallberg 1889-1976, Åke Stavenow (1959) Gamla Konstfack: en liten rundvandring (old konstfack: a small tour [at Mäster Samuelsgatan 44 built 1868]). Photography Lennart af Petersens 1913-2004.
Martin Gavler 1915-1986 (1963) graphic design of Konstfack by Åke Stavenom et al. 1963.