Hermansons handelsgård (Hermanson merchant house with courtyard), Storgatan 74, Haparanda.
Johan Sundell 1779-1834 and Hedvig Sundell (née Pipping) 1790-1864 bought the real property 1832 and started to build the first part of the house. After several owners after 1836 the house was bought 1907 by Herman Mikael Hermanson (née Benius), 1844-unknown. The second floor was built 1914.
The commerce has been different such as manufacty ot dyeing of threads and textiles, import and export and wholesales in the field of clothing, at times specialized in areas like luxurious furs from Russia.
The main building and 12 different houses for several purpose are built as a closed courtyard following the strict building regulations from 1844 of Kungl. maj. (king in council Sweden) and with references to tradition and fashion of the Nordic countries and the imperial Russia.
A theatre of mood.
Wisdom.... comes not from age, but from education and learning.