so hello everyone and especially hello to @aureus
this is my first (actually second my first post was a hype post for this post, which was poor planning because I posted it about .02 seconds ago so.... hope you guys are hyped) post for you guys, my horde of screaming fans, all 9 followers (and I've checked out all your profiles so unfollow at your own risk, it's not hard to figure out who committed the cardinal sin when I only have 9 suspects to choose from).
You all have todd to thank for this bucket of words, since I stayed up pretty late last night and then read through his entire bibliography. It was a ride, and I decided I too wanted to somehow give back to this beautiful planet.
I figure I'll give a run-down of what's up. So far:
- two days ago I saw Moonlight, a film directed by Barry Jenkins about a black gay boy who grows into a man in the slums of Miami. Moonlight was a rollercoaster of feelings as in it only went down and then it crashed and by it I mean myself, I was a pity party puddle in the first half hour and kind of lolled around there for the rest of the hour. It was a dope ass movie. So good. Highly recommend to you all.
- today I did my stat presentation so that's that done finally hope to never see it again damn!! although gotta say... one girl was late to a meeting today by like 24 minutes (count 'em), and no one said anything. I was late by 5 minutes to class, and someone messaged in the groupchat "When will you come Tsering?" like excuse me? Petite white girl gets away with stealing almost half an hour of our precious time and y'all are nodding your heads like "yup, it happens, can't help it," and I have the audacity to venture in late and suddenly I'm Saint David arming up against the dragon I cannot stand this.
- I write OpEd for the school newspaper. It's a cool gig. Last week I wrote an article about how everyone should take a stat class, and someone I know messaged me about how she liked it! It was a small thing, but it made me feel gr8 for the rest of the day. Feels good to be validated and especially fantastic for my massive ego to be stroked.
- I felt pretty stressed today when I was walking. As I walked across a cross-walk, a car stopped in front of me, waiting for me to get to the other side. I didn't stop walking. I smiled and waved at the driver, but a little part of me was screaming "HIT THE ACCELERATOR!! JUST FUCKIGN HIT IT BIH!!!!"
- just ate dinner with an old man who is best friends with the guy who basically paid my way through the last two years of high school. The international admissions office gathered all the UWC students (United World Colleges, look them up they're excellent and a great opportunity for adventurous students 15-16 years old) and Mezeh catered, which was 1000000/10. I still find it kind of hard to believe that someone would pay for my education just like that... the level of charity, it's difficult to conceive. Mr. Hamilton told some stories about the kind of man Shelby Davis is. It felt like I was listening to a first-hand account of something miraculous. I doubt I'll forget my debt to Davis.
Anyhow that's what I've got in me so thanks for reading my friends