Week 9 Feb. 28 | 3D models Update
So during this week I had a small panic attack. After trying for hours to fix my model, the .STL file seemed to want to stay corrupted. I used booleans to create the curved holes and when I exported it out it was not happy. I ended up re-designing the model to be VERY simplistic and sent it out to Marston Science Library to have it printed. It is about 3" in length and 1" wide.
Since this was the first time I have ever 3D printed a model, I wanted to see what the outcome would be so I could see the adjustments I needed to make.
The first prototype was 50% successful in my opinion. The holes were wide enough for my skinny brushes to fit, but the larger ones were too thick. I felt like the simple design was too boring, so I went back to Maya and started modeling changes.