It's quite cool now this summer (we still have chances for potential heat waves though), but it's warm enough out to have my window wide open.
I just gotta say that there's something so lovely about the soft noises I'm hearing tonight (it's 11:51 pm). It's a mixture of the following:
- light, random raindrops
- light car traffic in the far distance
- random strange noises (humming? Is that from car traffic? Idk!?)
- someone's loud music (though from here I can't even make any tune or beat, just small touches of noise mixed in with these other sounds)
- occasional & very distant howl/ yapping (definitely coyote)
- random barking (so distant & quiet)
- soft breathing from my boys (I let them camp out in my room with me for the night)
- other curious, random sounds to gently spike the imagination (was that an owl?)
The striking thing (to me) is that they are all so random, so soft & all at the same basic times. They over lap and blend together as just this soft summertime symphony.