Personally I think this site has a terrible design, but I like terrible things.
- Scrolling up makes the page move down.
- Ctrl+F, the most common search hotkey, loads friends.
- Buttons you want are disguised and buttons you don't are everywhere.
- Frames or something. Spacebar doesn't advance a feed until clicking.
- Everything has this pinned-but-floating feel. I'm not sure what is stationary or why.
- The integral duality of friends/noise should be highlighted and accessible at all times.
- Noise could optionally show people you don't actually follow; where is the discoverability?
- Attempts to bring mobile paradigms into a desktop interface. Windows 8 really shined there.
- Try copy-pasting multiple lines of text from their text box. Farewell line breaks.
- WHERE AM I AND WHAT AM I DOING is the majority of my experience from page to page.
- Going to ello.co once you have an account redirects to https://ello.co/beta-public-profiles
- ... this highlights self-promotion over actual usability.
I'd add more but have such difficulty exploring the site, I can't. Just kidding, I'll keep adding more as I find them. If the update post button and text formatting keep working, that is.